Experiments, Camera Tests, Tutorials and more.
Testing a substance called Morphium and its response to sonic vibration. Trying out some match moving and Glidetrack SD with the canon 5D and the CineStyle profile.
We went to a car park with to play about with some camera match-moving and effects. Shot on two cameras the Canon 5d mark 2 primarily as well as the canon 550d to pick up reflection shots.
From the shoot we got the background plates looking at the morphium blob, reaction shot from the blobs POV for reflection and a sequence of stills stitched together for an environment map.
The blob was built up from multiple collision balls within a larger ball with cloth simulation applied. That motion was exported to an mdd file to then be re-imported via DP Kits ‘MDD Pointer node’ and mixed up with more displacements.
The reflection shot of person ‘Jon’ was then roto’d out in After Effects, via the snazzy Auto-roto tools with the arm cut off and replaced by a CG arm following the same movement to better represent the reflection.
An image sequence of Jon was placed on a plane with an separate alpha channel effecting the transparency. I tried making a instance of a RGBA png in image editor with just the alpha but it seemed to always revert.
Motion graphic elements were then added in After Effects along with digital glitch artifacts, most via time and luma displacements driven by blocky procedural textures.
The audio was built in Sony Acid, using various effects to mimic the space and adding glitches.